Why is the University of Detroit Mercy a great place to get an AE or CE degree?
- Personal attention. No UDM classes are taught by a graduate student.
- Our co-op students earn $25,000 to $30,000 and gain experience while students. The UDM Architectural Engineering program is the only one in the country with a required cooperative employment placement.
- UDM offers very good Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Civil Engineering at UDM has many focal areas that you can try out to find which you like best. i.e.: structures, construction, environment, transportation, planning, etc. Architectural Engineering has focal areas of structures, construction, and Mechanical & Electrical.
- Our AE program is the only one where you will take all of the same Architecture courses in your freshmen year as Arch majors. This is the only place where you may try out both degrees without delaying your graduation.
- Our student projects make a difference in the world, i.e. work on environmental clean-up projects, plan for rapid transit, or help with urban renewal. See sample projects: freshmen/sophomore, senior.
- UDM is in the top 10% for the number of female engineering students. (More than a quarter are female.)
- UDM has opportunities for studying in foreign countries for a semester. (i.e. Mexican American Partnership Program, Australia, China.)
- Faculty members are well known for their work on research that matters to the community. Also many of the faculty members are award winners for their teaching.