The Electrical Engineering Senior Design Course:
- provides students with a comprehensive open-ended project.
- integrates the many skills necessary for professional success.
- allows students to learn first hand about project planning, FEMA analysis, and teamwork.
The use of a competition-driven Autonomous Ground Vehicle (AGV) design for a senior capstone program offers a number of benefits. The attractive features include: the student excitement and motivation created by the competitive environment; the fact that an AGV design is inherently multidisciplinary in nature involving mechanical and electrical system integration, power electronics, feedback control, digital electronics, software development, sensors, safety, power management etc.; the competition-driven format mimics the need in industry to carry out deadline-conscious product design; and the sophistication of subsystems like vision, obstacle detection, path planning, and feedback control offer good opportunities for graduate and undergraduate research projects.
- Senior Design Welcome Page
- 2010 Design Team Cerberus
- 2008 Design Team uceratops: Thor Pro
- 2007 Senior Design Team Capacitops
- 2006 Senior Design Team Thor
- 2005 Senior Design Team Hephaestus
- 2005 Senior Design Team Warrior
- 2003 Senior Design Team Power People
- 2003 Senior Design Team SAUSAGES
- 2002 Senior design -Vehicle Platooning