Architectural Engineering Undergraduate Program
With a degree in architectural engineering from Detroit Mercy, you'll learn about important structural design issues, such as:
- Structures for buildings,
- Components such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC),
- Electrical and lighting systems.
Bachelor of Architectural Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
You'll take courses in all of the areas of architectural design, building structures, construction, and mechanical/electrical systems, but may focus in the area of your choice.
Program highlights include:
- Five-year, interdisciplinary program, with courses in architecture and civil and mechanical engineering
- First-year classes are in Architecture allow you to experience both programs
- Three mandatory co-ops mean you'll earn a salary while gaining professional experience
- Small class sizes with personal attention from faculty
- One of only a few degree programs of its kind in Michigan
- Multiple career options in areas related to building planning, design and construction